Course Information for Fall 2008
Time: TR 9:30-10:45
Place: Mudd 323
Prof. Stephanie R. Taylor (
Office: Mudd 416A
Office hours: Mon 10-12, Tues 1:30-3:30, Fri 1-3
Parallel and distributed paradigms, architectures, and algorithms, and the analytical tools, environments, and languages needed to support these paradigms.
Calvin Lin & Lawrence Snyder, Principles of Parallel Programming, Pearson/Addison Wesley.
- Top 500 - a list of the top 500 supercomputers in the world
- HPCWire - on-line news about high productivity computing
- HPC Challenge - an annual competition for high productivity computing
- Interactive Supercomputing - an example of a company that writes parallel software
- Yo Linux.com POSIX Tutorial - a nice Pthreads tutorial
- A List of MPI Constants
- MPI Tutorial at LLNL
- Another Helpful MPI Tutorial