Transformations and Viewing
Due midnight 20 October, 2011
In this assignment you'll implement a library of 2-D and 3-D transformations and then make use of them to build an object and a simple imaging pipeline.
The first part of the assignment is to build a matrix library as
outlined in the system
The second part of the assignment is to create a 2D view matrix
function and demonstrate that it works using the test function
test5b.c, with output
The third task is to create a 3D view matrix function and demonstrate
it works using the test function test5c.c. The
output of the program is here for a command
line argument of 0.0 and here for a command
line argument of 1.0.
- Make a 2D scene of your own. It does not need to be complex. Make a sequence of at least 10 images where your view both pans and zooms (in or out) across the scene. Create an animated gif from your scene.
- Make a 3D scene of your own. It does not need to be complex. Make a sequence of at least 10 images where your view moves relative to the scene. You do not need to adjust any parameters except the VRP (location) and VPN (orientation) of the view. Create an animated gif from your scene.
- Create more scenes, or do something more complex with your required scene.
- Create interesting animated gif movie sequences.
- Create complex scenes using simple code.
- Create 3D effects using filled polygons of different shades.
- Implement some kind of anti-aliasing algorithm.
- Put the whole scene over a cool outer space background.
Make a child wiki page from your main CS 351 wiki page. Give it the label cs351f11project5. Please follow the format below.
- Abstract: 200 word description (at most) of what you did and a picture to go along with it.
- Description of the task, in your own words. Be brief, but write it as though explaining it to a fellow student not in the course.
- Description of how you solved the task, including any key equations or algorithms. You should also include algorithms or descriptions of what you did for any extensions. Include pictures here.
- More pictures. Please put a caption on each picture explaining something about it. If you have nothing else, give it a name and indicate whose picture it is.
- Summary of what you learned.
Put your code files in your private handin folder as a single zip or tar file. Put your writeup on the wiki. Give it the label cs351f11project5.