Due: Friday, November 10, 2017, 9:00 am (start of the class)
Functions and Instruction Set Design
- Describe two methods of passing information to a function and
answer the following questions:
- Which method do you need to use to support recursion.
- Which method is faster?
- When handling an interrupt, you have to store not only the PC and
condition register, but also any other state information about the
CPU. When calling a function, you only have to store the PC.
- Why do labels make it easier to write code using assembly compared
to machine instructions?
- Do you have to have a frame pointer in order to access local
variables, parameters, and the return value from within a
© 2017 Ying Li. Page last modified: