Split into groups of three.
Select and play three 2D computer games, spending 20 minutes on each game (not including setup time and time to learn how to play). For each game, write a review that answers questions listed below. Put the review on the wiki, making a page for each game and linking them all to a single parent page that lists your group and the games you played. Give the parent page the label cs369j13reviews.
The first nine items listed below are descriptive of the game. Each game should have a single answer to each of the first nine questions. Each player should then provide their own rankings for questions 10-14. If your group ends up playing the same game as another group, coordinate your work so there is a single review page for each game.
You have two hours during class time for this assignment.
Each person should be responsible for questions 1-9 for one game. You'll contribute your answers to 10-14 for the other two (and maybe some suggestions or editing for questions 1-9).
- Name of the game
- Game platform
- Write a brief description of the game
- What is the game's genre? Does it follow the rules for the genre? Does it have any unique characteristics relative to other games in the genre?
- Describe the game interface. What controls are available to the user, and what aspects of the game do they control?
- What is the goal of the game?
- What are the major challenges of the game?
- What is the complexity of the rule set?
- What kind of competition exists?
- Is the game fun? Rate on a scale of 1 (not fun) to 5 (very fun)
- Is the game difficult to learn? Rate on a scale of 1 (easy) to 5 (difficult).
- Rate the visual quality of the game between 1 (poor) to 5 (very good).
- How engaging is the game? Rate on a scale of 1 (not at all) to 5 (extremely).
- What is your overall recommendation for the game? Rate on a scale of 1 (Do not recommend) to 5 (strongly recommend).