Play five 3D video games for no more than 1 hour each. After each game, take the time to write a review of the game you just played.
Your review should include the following information about the game. Please write it as a series of paragraphs, similar to game reviews you might find in a magazeine.
- A brief description/summary of the game. Don't assume everyone has seen it.
- What platform did you use to play it?
- What kind of interface does the game have? Talk about both the visual interface elements on the screen as well as the physical elements for interacting with the computer (console, keyboard, mouse, etc.).
- What is the genre of the game?
- What is the goal, or challenge of the game?
- What makes the game fun for you?
- Are there negative or positive feedback loops in the game?
- Is the game balanced?
- Does the game provide the same experience every time?
- How is the game different from others in the same genre?
- Other things you like/dislike about the game, or would like to use in a game you design.
Write your reviews on a wiki pages in your personal space. Put one review on each page. If you need help getting started with the wiki, stop by during my office hours Monday or Tuesday 1-3pm.
Once you have written up a review, give the page the label:
You can give any page a label when you're editing it using the label field at the bottom of the page.