CS152 Spring 2017 Lab Exercises and Projects
The lab exercises and project assignments will be posted here weekly. The work in lab on Wednesdays/Thursdays will lead into and be part of the week's project, which is typically due the following Tuesday night (midnight). Both contribute to your overall course grade (specially, lab participation and project grades).
Lab Instructor Information
Prof. Stephanie R. Taylor
Office hours: Mon 1-3pm, Tues 1:30-3:30pm, Thurs (9-11am in Feb, 2:30-4:30pm Mar-May)
The learning goals for the lecture and lab are the same -- both are meant to work together to accomplish the goals for the course as a whole. They are:
- Students can read a simple program and correctly identify its behavior
- Students can convert a problem statement into a working program that solves the problem.
- Students understand abstraction and can break down a program into appropriate procedural and object-oriented components
- Students can generate an approximate model of computer memory and describe how an algorithm affects its contents.
- Students can communicate the result of their work and describe an algorithm.