Texture, Fire, Explosions, Animation
This assignment gives you the opportunity to customize your system with a new capability.
Pick one addition to your rendering system and implement it. Choices include, but are not limited to:
- Phong shading
- Behavioral Animation (e.g. swarms)
- Particle systems (e.g. explosions, fire, exhaust, smoke)
- Texture Mapping
- Procedural Animation (e.g. physics engine)
- Subdivision surfaces (spheres, asteroids, donuts)
- Other types of graphics primitives, models, or procedural shapes.
- Shadows, probably ray-casting
- A-buffer (store a sorted list of pointers to polygons at each pixel, not z-values)
Whatever you do, make lots of pictures.
- Do one more, or two, or three.
Make a child wiki page from your main CS 351 wiki page. Give it the label cs351f17project10. Describe what you did. Be a bit more specific for this assignment, since you chose what to impement. Include any additions to your API.
When you are finished with this assignment, make your portfolio, which should consist of at least two images from each project.
Put your cleaned up code files in your private project10 handin folder. Put your writeup on the wiki.